Hot damn!!! I just found me a new cupcake recipe and it got alcohol in it ya’ll. I’ve never heard of RumChata but according to the blog Love, Life & Creative Things, it tastes like cinnamon toast crunch, which is my favorite cereal. Seriously, I want to run out to the store and bake me some cupcakes. This will definitely be on my baking list for this weekend.
(Yields: 24 cupcakes. Batter is thick)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup RumChata
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine sugar & butter and beat until fluffy
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon, set aside
- Mix the RumChata & vanilla together, set aside
- Alternating, add in the flour mixture and RumChata mixture in to the butter and sugar. Start and end with the flour mixture.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form (this will be easiest in an electric mixer)
- Fold egg whites in to the batter – do not do this in an electric mixer, use a spatula
- Fill cupcake liners
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cake “bounces back” when touched.
- 12 ounces of cream cheese (1 1/2 packages, at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 5 tbsp of RumChata
- 1 package of confectioners’ sugar (2 lb. bag)
- Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add confectioners’ sugar
- Mix in RumChata (use more or less based on the thickness of the frosting. I often find that some days I would use 5 tbsp, some I would use 4)
- Frost the cupcakes
Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Recipe found at Love, Life & Creative Things.